Saturday, March 14, 2009

Quite day today

I have got a little more done on my Gardeners Journal.  Its starting to come together slowly.  A quiet day after a big week here. 
 My mum has sold our family farm that I grew up on and now we are getting organized for a clearing sale this week.  You don't realize how big of a job it is until you start.  Its will be very sad but it is another chapter in a book and you must move on.  
Its a lot different from growing up on a wheat & sheep farm  to now living on a dairy farm.  I really enjoy the farming life and love bring my girls up on it too.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi, DH upgraded the pc and I lost a lot of blogs I visited, the gardeners quilt is coming along nisely, now I've found you I will be back .

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I can understand how massive organizing a clearing sale is as we came from small acres!!! Lovely Quilt!!!

wonderwoman said...

such gorgeous work! i can't begin to imagine where you start on clearing up something that big! i live on a little smallholding and keeping that up to scratch is bad enough! but i wouldn't change it for the world.
x

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your Gardeners Journal Kerri. What a big chapter in your life to change but sounds like you have such wonderful memories.

Jeni said...

you work is so pretty...I feel sad for you .....that your mum is moving on ...but just think a new beginning ...could be so exciting

Myra said...

Stitchery looking great! 8-)
Selling off the family home is a hard thing... Your memories will keep it alive in the future...
Good luck with the clearing sale and such!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails