Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saddle up and off we go

This weekend has been a bit crazy.  So much on.  DD3 birthday party on Friday night at the ten pin bowling with 13 friends.  (Couple of weeks early but its the only time we could fit it in).  Netball Saturday and bomb fire Saturday night and to finish it off saddle club today.  But.............  it was parents day today.  So guess how drew the short straw.  Yes me.  The girls didn't think I could ride (it been awhile (about 25 years).  But I got on and didn't think i was going to get off.  Now I will be walking around like a cowgirl for a few days.

We rode down to the river for a BBQ lunch.  Half on horses and the other half in the carriages and then swap over on the way home.   The girls had a wonderful time and so did I.  Now I will have to rest and get ready for next year.  My knee will be better for next year I hope.











Edit:  My horse was shy so no photos of me 

6 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

What a fun day!! I haven't ridden a horse in 11 years, I wasn't very good and I'd hate to think how bad I'd be now!! Happy "Early" Birthday to DD3!!

Julie said...

Yee haaa, go Mum! Hey, wheres the photo?

Crispy said...

Yippee Ky Yay Ky Yo!!! I would need a ladder to get up on a horse LOL.

Crispy

Sara said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love to ride my horse. Glad you survived!

wonderwoman said...

wow what a great way to spend a day - was going to ride yesterday but blowing a gale and horizontal rain so decided to do some sewing instead!

xx

Myra said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend Kerri!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails